The research seminar in musicology is a forum where scholars, PhD students and other students meet to discuss current or concluded projects within musicology or other related disciplines. A couple of times each semester, international scholars visit our department to present their work. Please note that some of the seminars are text seminars, to which texts can be acquired by contacting the coordinator of the seminar series, Ester Lebedinski, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The seminars are usually held Tuesdays from 1.15 pm CET until 3 pm.
Research seminar autumn semester 2018
NB: Additions or changes may be made during the semester. Check this page regularly!
Time and place (unless otherwise stated): Tuesday kl. 1.15pm-3pm in lecture room F2 (2-0047)
- 25/9 Sanna Raninen, Uppsala University: "Material Culture of Music Books in Post-Reformation Sweden"
- 2/10 Jonas Lundblad, Department of Musicology, Uppsala: "Polyphonic Love: A common theme in Schleiermacher and Bonhoeffer"
- 9/10 Elisabeth Lutteman, Department of English, Uppsala University: "Singing as Persuation and Negotiation in Early Seventeenth-Century English Drama"
- 30/10 Fredrica Roos, Department of Musicology, Uppsala: Presentation of PhD project
- 13/11 Karin Eriksson/Sverker Hyltén Cavallius/Dan Lundberg, Svenskt visarkiv: "Kreativa förflyttningar - musikaliska flöden i 1960- och 70-talens Sverige" NB: This seminar has been rescheduled from 6/11
- 23/11 Martin Stokes, King's College London: "On musical (and musicological) activism and citizenship". NB This seminar has been cancelled.
- 4/12 Dafna Dori, Department of Musicology, Uppsala: presentation of PhD project
- 11/12 Linus Johansson, Department of Music and Art, Linnæus University: "MTV and political traumas of the 1980:s"
- 18/12 Kjell-Åke Hamrén, Department of Musicology, Uppsala: presentation of PhD project