Here you will find information about admission and registration to our courses.
- Punk i media: En undersökning av punkens mottagande i svensk dags- och kvällspress mellan 1977 och 1980. 2019
- Street Music, City Rhythms: The urban soundscape as heard by street musicians. 2018
- Nina Simone In Concert: Identifying Activism and Self-awareness Through Interactive Qualities. 2018
- När operan blir museum: En undersökning om operapublikens vanor och konsumtion av opera i Sverige. 2018
- Carmen: Voice of the Anima and its Echoes in Literature, Opera, Film and Music Video. 2018
- Musik som protest: En fallstudie av musikgruppen LöstFolk. 2018
- Griegjubiléet 1943: Ett avgörande slag mellan radikal kulturnationalism och patriotism om framtidens musikliv. 2018
- Folkmusik i konstmusiken: Om tonsättarnas användning av Folkmusikkommissionens utgivningar. 2017
- Den sociala sången: Unison sång i sociala relationer vid Uppsalas studentnationer. 2017
- 'Cum organum dicitur': The transmission of vocal polyphony in pre-Reformation Sweden and bordering areas. 2016
Our student counselor will help you with all questions regarding your studies.
At the department, we have a department board that gathers a few times each semester. It deals with issues like what courses should be given, the working environment, equal rights etc. The board consists of both staff and students. The department board meets several times each semester. If you have any thoughts or ideas concerning your studies, don't hesitate to contact either one of the student members of the board, and they will address it at the forthcoming meeting. New student members are elected regularly, but you can always find an updated list of the members of the board here: Department board of the Department of Musicology.
At the Department of Musicology, we have formed a working group which works actively to ensure that everyone who works or studies at the department will have equal rights, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation etc. The group is led by the department's representative for equal rights, Mattias Lundberg. They have made a revised action plan for equal rights, which was approved by the department board in November 2016. The action plan is currently only available in Swedish, but for more information, please don't hesitate to contact the chairman of the group Mattias Lundberg.
As a student at the Department of Musicology and Uppsala University, you have a plethora of scholarships to apply for. There are both grants open to students at all levels, and those that are aimed at students at either basic or advanced level only. For more information about scholarships, see Scholarships for current students if you are already studying at Uppsala University, or Scholarships for prospective students if you are a prospective student.
If you want to study at our department through the ERASMUS programme, you are also entitled to scholarships. See Apply for an Erasmus grant for more information about rules and application procedures.
The Department of Musicology offers a special scholarship each semester, aimed specifically at students at the Master programme in the humanities who have chosen musicology as their main subject. See Scholarships for master students for more information.